Wednesday, 12 June 2013

Stitching Away

Progress on my new blanket is going really well, although I'm gutted I can't do any tonight due to poor light conditions. Never mind! I'm pleased to say that I now have 16 squares, out of the 49 needed from the rose pattern, so I'm getting there slowly but surely. They look so pretty and I love being able to play with different colour combinations. Last night I finished 3 while I was at work, which turned out nicely.

14, 15, and 16

I particularly like the colours of the central square - I think they complement one another really nicely. I like the others as well though! With any luck, I will soon breach the 20 mark and will be almost halfway through this batch. The square situation currently looks like this...

16 lovely granny squares

I'm just so happy with how they are all coming together, and how each individual square looks completely different. In the finished blanket, these will be alternated with a daisy pattern, so they won't be so bunched up, but to be honest I quite like them this way! The colours all look so cheery (I am following a predominantly pink and purple palette for these) and I can't wait to see it when it's all finished!

The hardest part for me, is starting a new square. I sit for ages trying to work out what colours to use for each one. According to the pattern, the roses should be mostly pinks, purples, and other pastel colours (I've added the odd flash of orange and yellow into them), whilst the daisies will centre more around red, blues, greens and oranges. They'll be a lot more earthy in colour, but will complement these squares nicely - that's the plan, anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment