Thursday, 28 June 2012
I've been nominated for a Liebster Award, by the lovely With U In Mind (please check out the link!). It's designed for bloggers with less than 200 followers. I'm really flattered, so thank you ever so much! I now have to play by the rules and do the following:
1. Each person may write 10 things about themselves.
2. Answer the questions the tagger has set for you and then come up with 11 questions of your own to ask the people you will be nominating.
3. Choose 10 people to nominate and link them to your post.
4. Go to their page and tell them.
5. Remember - no tagging the person that tagged you!
10 things about myself you may or may not wish to know:
1. I have spent the last 18 months of my life, working nights!
2. I am terrified of spiders.
3. I own a red Nissan Micra called Rosie.
4. I suffer from depression and an anxiety disorder.
5. I love photos; my room is absolutely full of them!
6. If I could eat Chinese food every day, I would!
7. I hate soap operas...
8. I live in the sleep town of Dorchester, in the South of England, and absolutely love it here.
9. I would choose winter over summer, any day.
10. I recently broke my toe, walking into a snooker table.
Answer the questions set by the tagger:
1. What's you favourite seasonal holiday and why?
I am a complete Christmas junkie. I've actually already started my Christmas shopping! Wrapping takes weeks (and months of preparation) on it's own, and I spend even longer trying to find the perfect gifts. I'm not a religious person but I love using Christmas as a way to show my loved ones how much they mean to me. It's my favourite time of year!
2. Are you a cat person, a dog person, or a people person?
Dogs dogs dogs!
3. What was your most embarrassing moment and why?
My life is full of embarrassing moments. I'm always saying stupid things and coming across like a complete idiot...the less said, the better!
4. What is your number one pet hate?
People not listening
5. What is your idea of a nightmare day?
Loads of people, loads of pressure, stupidly hot weather, and being forced into it all
6. What did you most want to be when you were a kid?
A nurse. I'm halfway there I suppose; I'm a paediatric carer, but I don't actually have any care or nursing qualifications. I can't really see myself as a proper nurse, in all honesty...
7. What's your favourite film?
Silence Of The Lambs! I love Hannibal Lecter; such an amazing character
8. What is the worst item of clothing you have ever worn?
I seem to remember my Mum bought me an amazing pair of sunflower patterned pedal pushers when I was a child. Actually, 90s fashion in general was a little bit scary really!
9. What trait of your personality of you proudest of and what trait do you wish never existed?
I like to think I'm quite a fun and creative person, that will accept anyone and who they are. I don't judge people unless they are really asking to be judged! And I wish I didn't have such problems with my nerves; even now, it restricts me on a lot of things. Sad really...
10. Mothers cooking or a meal out?
My Mum is an awesome cook! Sometimes a meal out is nice though
11. Your 5 holiday abroad must haves?
I've only been abroad a couple of times (I've never flown!) so I would guess; suncream, sunglasses, a translation book, something good to read, and a map!
My 11 questions to my nominees!
1. If you could go anywhere in the world, where would that be?
2. What is your favourite film genre, and what did you last watch?
3. What craft or hobby do you excel at?
4. Do you like cheese?
5. Have you ever broken any bones?
6. Which do you prefer: night or day?
7. What is your favourite jewellery or accessory item?
8. What's your favourite colour?
9. Do you own a lucky charm? If so, what is it and why?
10. Do you sell on Etsy, or similar? What's your shop address?
11. Name 3 words that you find funny!
Finally my nominees are:
2. Amigurumi Barmy
3. Crochet Adventures
4. Knits and Knots
5. Jose's Jottings
6. Lue and Sue
7. The Art Hutch
8. Teacup Lane
9. You Look Dashing
10. Kitty Pinkstars